Chocolate comes from the fruit of the cacao tree (Theobroma cacao). This particular cacao pod is slowly growing in the Fuqua Conservatory at the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
Cynthia Wong, Pastry Chef at Cakes & Ale demonstrates Dulce de Leche German Chocolate Cupcakes.
Cynthia Wong’s Chocolate Cupcakes4 extra large eggs
¾ cups crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat until fluffy.
- Fold in half of dry ingredients, then crème fraiche, then rest of dry ingredients.
- Scoop into cupcake papers and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back lightly when touched.